3D Printing and Seeed Studio XIAO – Perfect Companions for Small DIY projects!
The increasing accessibility of 3D printing technology has been a godsend for DIY enthusiasts and small scale production. With the right choice of materials and technology, 3D printing can produce complex structures at home that cannot be achieved by traditional processing, and for small batch manufacturing scenarios, 3D printing provides a cheaper alternative to expensive injection molding and other high-cost production methods..
The Seeed XIAO Series of thumb-sized microcontroller development boards has received a lot of attention since their introduction. The small form factor, flexibility and low cost make them popular amongst hobbyists for projects requiring a small footprint. There are currently 5 different modules in the family based on 5 powerful chips, including RP2040, Raspberry Pi’s 32-bit dual-core ARM Cortex M0+ Arduino-compatible chip and others with BLE connectivity, Wifi, and inbuilt sensors for a range of TinyML, smart wearables and IoT projects.
Let’s make it 1 + 1 > 2 — Design a 3D Printing Enclosure for your Seeed Xiao project.
We welcome all interested makers/designers/electronics enthusiasts from around the world to design 3D printed enclosures for projects using one of 5 Seeed XIAO microcontrollers. We’d love to see unique and personalized projects. For example, take a look at the PC Performance Display 2.8 “TFT Seeeduino + Encoder. This is a project that creator Viperidae from the community made using a Seeed Studio XIAO SAMD21 board.
Free Seeed Xiao MCUs, and a chance to win one more!
In order to give back to the community, we are giving out Seeed Studio XIAO boards to interesting projects with XIAO and 3D printed enclosures. Combine XIAO series of boards and 3D technology to come up with your own unique products. Share with the community and you can get another free XIAO module if your final product is posted on social media platforms and gets more than 30 likes!
How to apply:
- Please fill out the form: https://forms.gle/hqFRS2B7aEMhuG3b9 with the DIY 3D printing design file. The custom 3D design must be your own design and include any of these five microcontrollers:
- Seeed Studio XIAO SAMD21
- Seeed Studio XIAO RP2040
- Studio Studio XIAO nRF52480
- Seeed Studio XIAO nRF52840 Sense
- Seeed Studio XIAO ESP32C3
- Pls feel free to Contact the Seeed Fusion support team ([email protected]) to apply for a Seeed Studio XIAO board.
- Approved designs will receive 1 Seeed Studio XIAO MCU 100% FREE per design.
- Then, you need to publish the projects on your own platform. We will share the design with the community on our social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Hackster Hub, Discord, etc.)
- If your project receives more than 30 likes on our social media platforms, we will send you another XIAO board of your choice completely FREE!
Raise your Seeed XIAO projects to the next level with Seeed Fusion!
Seeed can assist designers with an established project plan with professional 3D printing. Seeed’s 3D printing service has a wide range of materials available to suit a variety of needs from prototyping to batch production. SLA resin printing technology produces models with finer details and smooth line-free finishes for a professional finished-product look and the mechanical strength to withstand repeated use.
Furthermore, designers may license Seeed to manufacture and sell your products to the community all over the world and share profits. If you need help, please feel free to contact our customer service representative ([email protected]).